2 Community Summits
Strategic Design Team
Board of Trustees
Dr. Lana Carr
Lori Jo Walker
Dr. Arturo Almendarez
Superintendent of Schools
Dr. Anita Danaher
Director of Special Programs
Director of Finance
We challenge and encourage each student to achieve academic excellence, interpersonal and technical skills, and responsible citizenship.
In CISD, we believe that….
- All students have the right to a well-rounded, high quality education.
- It is important to adapt to the changing environment while maximizing the available resources.
- The purpose of public education is to develop life-long learners and productive citizens to sustain a strong economy and a democratic society.
- All students can learn in engaging, interactive environments through varied methodologies.
- Students need to be critical thinkers and problem solvers to function successfully in an ever changing global society.
- All students deserve a safe, nurturing learning environment.
- Partnerships among school staff, parents/guardians and community are vital to a quality education.
- All students and staff function effectively in an environment of mutual respect and positive relationships.
All CISD graduates apply the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to be self-reliant and thrive as dynamic global citizens.
- All students demonstrate the skills in the learner profile.
- All students demonstrate lifelong learning.
- All students demonstrate personal and academic growth.
- All students will engage in service to the community.
- All students will explore, select and achieve desired career pathways.
- thinks critically
- communicates effectively
- demonstrates responsibility
- exhibits good social and life skills
- problem solves
- adapts effectively
- is resourceful
- sets goals
- is financially responsible
- is technologically proficient
- We will develop a system where each child has a customized plan for challenging learning that facilitates his/her educational process and pursuits aligned to desired career pathways.
- We will provide a nurturing, engaging, interactive learning environment using varied methodologies which will encourage mutual respect and positive relationships.
- We will provide the most up to date training and technology for our students and teachers.
- We will develop partnerships that will further our call to action.
- We will hold all staff and students to the highest standards and expectations.
- We will have a highly qualified staff and become completely student centered.
- We will evaluate all existing programs and retain those aligned with our call to action.