Strategic Design Team
Board of Trustees
Dr. Lana Carr
Lori Jo Walker
Dr. Arturo Almendarez
Superintendent of Schools
Dr. Anita Danaher
Director of Special Programs
Dr. Marcos Flores
Director of Humna Resources
Director of Finance
Director of Operations
Proposed by the Strategic Planning Committee
March 11, 2020
Calallen ISD, grounded in a tradition of unyielding commitment to excellence, academics, integrity, citizenship, and service, empowers each and every student to achieve their unique potential in an ever-changing, dynamic world.
In CISD, we believe that….
all students are at the heart of our decisions.
- education is a shared responsibility among students, educators, parents, and the community.
- character and integrity matter.
- all students must feel safe, respected, and connected to learn effectively.
- students need to be critical thinkers and problem solvers.
- strong, meaningful relationships that value and respect the differences in all people are essential to success.
- our success is not determined by a single, standardized assessment.
- Intentionally empowering today, to excel tomorrow.
1. All students demonstrate the skills in the learner profile.
2. All students demonstrate lifelong learning.
3. All students demonstrate personal and academic growth.
4. All students will engage in service to the community.
5. All students will explore, select and achieve desired career pathways.
- thinks critically
- communicates effectively
- demonstrates responsibility
- exhibits good social and life skills
- problem solves
- adapts effectively
- is resourceful
- sets goals
- is financially responsible
- is technologically proficient
1. All learning environments will foster engagement by integrating personalized learning experiences.
2. CISD will provide create an efficient, safe, and supportive environment in which students, staff, parents, and community members are meaningfully and actively engaged.
3. CISD will create and sustain an infrastructure that will securely accommodate the current and next generation of digital content and tools for stakeholders.
4. Calallen ISD will attract and support high quality staff members to optimize their impact on student learning and create a culture of staff retention.
5. Institutionalized Initiatives.