Calallen ISD 2021 Summer School and Programs
Calallen ISD will be offering a summer program for students who require attendance hours, or remediation to be promoted to the next grade level or to be awarded credit. Summer programs will be offered for both elementary and secondary school students.
Elementary Grades K-5 – Wood River Elementary - Summer School Principal - Monica Perez
Secondary Grades 6-12 – Calallen High School - Summer School Principal - Amanda Kirchoff
- All Face to Face (no virtual) Students will be required to attend face to face to get credit.
- Available to enrolled Calallen ISD students only. No charge for this year.
- Calallen ISD Food Service Department will provide breakfast and lunch.
- Health and safety protocols will be in place based on district, state, and CDC guidelines.
- Transportation will be provided to students utilizing centralized pick-up sites.
- Dress codes will be enforced as written in campus handbooks.
- Student/Parent Contract will be required to acknowledge dismissal policies:
- No more than 2 discipline referrals
- No more than 2 absences
Elementary – Grades K-5
Dates: July 12, 2021 - July 30, 2021 Monday - Thursday only
Times: Full Day 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Eligibility: Remediation for promotion / Attendance credit
Secondary – Grades 6-12
Dates: June 7, 2021-July 1, 2021 Monday through Thursday only
Times: AM Session – 8:30 am-11:30 am / PM Session – 12:00 pm – 3:30 pm
- Students will earn no higher than a 70
- Can be enrolled in no more than 2 courses
- Core and LOTE credits only
EOC Remediation (specific dates and times)
STAAR End-of-Course Retest Dates Calallen HS
End-of-Course Reviews will be scheduled for the week before testing. Students needing to test will receive a letter providing specific dates and times.
- English I: Tuesday, June 22, 2021
- Algebra I: Wednesday, June 23, 2021
- US History: Wednesday June 23, 2021
- English II: Thursday, June 24, 2021
- Biology: Thursday, June 24, 2021