Calallen ISD Safety and Security Committee
The School Safety and Security Committee is a working group of diverse individuals that serves the members of its school district or open-enrollment charter school by helping create and maintain a safe and secure school climate and culture for staff and students. The committee meets three times annually and includes representation from various perspectives on school safety and security. Their mandated responsibilities include:
- Participation in the development and implementation of the district's Emergency Operations Plan.
- Provide updates and recommendations to the board of trustees and administration for updates to the Emergency Operations Plan.
- Supply information required for the completion of the district safety audit, safety and security audit report, or any other report needed to be submitted to the Texas School Safety Center.
- Review reports submitted to the Texas School Safety Center for accuracy.
- Provide input on the location of bleed control stations.
- Complete training on Psychological First Aid.