Instructor: Kyle T. Scott Text: Kaduceus Student Manual
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website:
Scientific research is a course in which the student conducts an in-depth research project and presents his or her findings using a variety of media from essays to presentations. While the focus of this course is conducting research and presenting your findings as well as designing your trials, the content will be drawn from the Kaduceus Pharmacy Technician training. You will be learning about being a Pharmacy Tech through research and hands on experience, as well as lecture and course work.
Tentative Course Outline:
1st nine weeks Intro to Pharmacy Tech, Math Calculations, Dosage Forms and Resources
2nd nine weeks Therapeutic Agents I, Calculations and Physicians’ Orders, Therapeutic Agents II
3rd nine weeks Community, Compounding, and Billing , Practice and Safety, Sterile Processing Review
4th nine weeks PTCE Review, Externship I, Externship II
- Be in class and seated when the bell rings.
- Bring all required materials to class each day.
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
- Respect yourself, your classmates, your teacher, and your school.
- Cheating will not be tolerated: Students will receive a grade of zero.
- Tardiness –as per student handbook
- Disruptions – First offense verbal warning, Second offense – student conference, Third offense – parent contact, repeated offenses – Office Referral
- Cell phones are to be used for academic purposes as directed by teacher. Violations will result in confiscation of phone.
- Binder or 3-ring notebook
- Notebook(Spiral or composition)
- Pencil/pen and highlighter
- Computer Access (at home OR find time before or after school)
- Students are to begin warm up activities each day that they enter class.
- ALL WORK SHOULD BE KEPT FOR FUTURE REFERRENCE unless otherwise stated
- Cell phones should be placed screen down on the desk or put away unless in use for academic purposes.
- Students will participate in note taking, lab activities, projects, and presentations throughout the year.
- Homework and online assignments will be assigned throughout the grading periods.
- Quizzes, unit tests, and benchmark tests will be administered.
Daily Work 40%
Major assessment 60%
Makeup Work Policy:
- Excused Absences – If you are absent, it is your responsibility to check with lab members/online and see me your makeup work.
- Makeup work should be turned in within two days of your return. Makeup tests and labs need to be arranged with the teacher.
- Tutorials are available daily from 8:00-8:30 or after school upon appointment. My conference is 6th