Arts and Humanities
The Arts and Humanities endorsement is a curriculum path that allows a student to focus on courses directly related to fine arts, English literature, foreign languages and social studies.
Students interested in pursuing a career path in the entertainment industry or as an interpreter, or writer, for example, may want to consider the Arts and Humanities endorsement to guide course selection.
A student may earn an arts and humanities endorsement by completing the requirements specified in the foundation plan and one of the following:
- five social studies credits
- or four levels of the same language in a language other than English
- or two levels of the same language in a language other than English and two levels of a different language in a language other than English
- or a sequence of four credits in fine arts from one or two categories
Art and Humanities Endorsement includes courses directly related to:
- Production Theatre
- Technical Theatre
- Languages Other than English
- Advanced Placement Social Studies
*For more information on this and other endorsements, please visit our page on House Bill 5*
Students and parents should consult CISD Course Catalogue for a listing of Arts and Humanities pathways and courses offered to earn this endorsement.
As always, your counselors are ready and able to answer any questions you may have about choosing a career or choosing courses related to this endorsement.