District Education Improvement Committee (DEIC)
The DEIC will have a Public Meeting at Calallen STAR Annex (4201 Calallen Dr., Building 3) on Tuesday, November 12, at 4:20 to review and vote on a proposed amendment to the current Calallen ISD District of Innovation (DOI) Plan. The proposed amendment pertains to the possiblity of providing alternative group health coverage in addition to the TRS ActiveCAre plan.
Definition of Site Based Decision Making
Site based decision making is a process for decentralizing decisions to improve the educational outcomes at every school campus through a collaborative effort by which principals, teachers, campus staff, district staff, parents, and community representatives assess educational outcomes of all students, determine goals and strategies, and ensure that strategies are implemented and adjusted to improve student achievement.
Expected Outcomes of Site Based Decision Making
The expected outcome of site-based decision-making is improved student performance as a result of:
- Effective campus and district planning for the purpose of improved student performance;
- Improved community involvement in the school improvement process;
- Clearly established accountability parameters for student performance;
- Raised staff productivity and satisfaction;
- Improved communication and information flow;
- Consensus-based, effective decisions;
- Pervasive and long-range commitment to implementation;
- Increased flexibility at the campus level in the allocation and use of both human and fiscal resources; and
- Coordination of "regular" and special program components.