Become a substitute teacher!
As a substitute, your schedule is up to you! Work any day of the week at the location of your choice!
Make this a launching pad to a new career! Work with children and make a difference!
2023 - 2024 SUBSTITUTE ORIENTATION TRAINING
No Trainings after April 11, 2024
Calallen Administration Building
4205 Wildcat Dr.
Corpus Christi, Texas 78410
September 20, 2023 Wednesday @ 9:00 a.m.
October 12, 2023 Thursday @ 9:00 a.m.
November 09,2023 Thursday @ 9:00 a.m.
December 06, 2023 Wednesday @ 9:00 a.m.
January 25, 2024 Thursday @ 9:00 a.m.
February 08, 2024 Thursday @ 9:00 a.m.
March 21, 2024 Thursday @ 9:00 a.m.
April 11, 2024 Thursday @ 9:00 a.m.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER REQUIREMENTS
- Apply online - www.calallen.org
- Valid Texas Driver's License
- Social Security Card (payroll)
- Official transcripts - in a sealed envelope or emailed to email@example.com
- Attend Substitute Orientation Class - Dr. Marcos Flores - Director of Human Resources
- Must pickup New Hire paperwork from Tammy Soliz - District Receptionist/Substitute Coordinator
- Fingerprinting (cost $50.00) - Ms. Soliz will email Identogo form to schedule an appointment
Ms. Soliz will contact you once the hiring process has been completed.
SUBSTITUTE PAY SCALE
Substitute with a Valid TEA Certification - $100.00/daily
- Substitute with 4 Year Degree only - $95.00/daily
- Substitute with High School Diploma only - $80.00/daily
- Additional $10 per day for Fridays
- Additional $10 per day after 10 consecutive days on the same assignment
SPECIAL ED/INSTRUCTIONAL AIDE
- Special Education/Instructional Aide (with or without degree) - $75.00/daily
- Additional $5 per day for Fridays
- Additional $5 per day after 10 consecutive days on the same assignment
SUBSTITUTE NURSE - must be licensed
- Registered Nurse with a 4-year degree 95.00/daily
- Registered Nurse with a 2-year degree 90.00/daily
- Licensed Vocational Nurse - 85.00/daily
District Nurse - Teresa Shaw
SUBSTITUTE AUXILLARY - different minimum hourly rate for each department
- Transportation -Transportation Director - Carol Barnhart will review applications and setup interviews.
- Maintenance/Custodial - Kelly Murphy/Janie Gomzalez will review applications and setup interviews.
- Food Service - Food Service Director - Leticia Garcia/Debbie Haven will review applications and setup interviews
FRONTLINE SUBSTITUTE CALLING SYSTEM - issues with login or changes call Tammy Soliz@ 361-242-5600. Call Frontline at 1-855-955-0946 for assistance with issues or Mobile App.
Please be sure to review the Substitute Handbook regarding District and Campus Policies, regarding dress code, cellphones, social media, and other important information to help you on your first day.
For questions or application issues, please contact Tammy Soliz at (361) 242-5600.